Baby is one month old and want to know monthly diet. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
My baby is one month old and want to get information related to his monthly diet , what should i start with from 03rd month onwards ?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Exclusive breastfeeds till 6 months age.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Exclusive breastfeeding till the age of 6 months is the gold standard method of feeding.

This means you should give only breast milk to the child till the age of 6 months and from 6 months onwards, you can start complimentary feeds like semisolid diet such as Cerelac or home made in addition to breast milk.

Breast milk is sufficient for the optimum growth of infant till the age of 6 months.

Complimentary (weaning) feeds to be started from the age of 6 months onwards only as the child can't digest semisolid feeds at the age of 3 months.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Baby is one month old and want to know monthly diet. Suggest? 3 minutes later
by baby is on formula milk and not breast feeding, so what extra diet should i include for his good health,he is just one month old now.
From when can I start cows milk for my baby – detail information about it.

Thanks, awaiting reply.

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
1.Formula milk and vitamin drops.2.After 1 year

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for getting back.

If the child is taking formula feeds, continue formula (stage 1) feeds till the age of 6 months.

From 6 months onwards, you can start weaning food in addition to formula milk (use stage 2 formula milk after 6 months).

Cow's milk is associated with allergy, indigestion if it is started in infants below the age of 1 year.

I advise you to introduce the cow's milk after the completion of 1 year.

At present in addition to formula milk, you can him give multivitamin drops and you can continue the drops till 6 months age.

Regards.

Follow-up: Baby is one month old and want to know monthly diet. Suggest? 52 minutes later
Thanks for your feedback,

Can you pls suggest me the best multivitamin drops.

At present i am giving him Kidicare and Calcimax ??

Thanks and awaiting your feedback.

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kidicare and Calcimax are best to continue

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for getting back.

Kidicare drops contains multivitamins and multiminerals and you can continue this drops.

All most all brands of multivitamin drops contains the same composition and Kidicare is a good one to continue.

Calcimax contains calcium which is useful in bone growth and other body metabolic functions.

You can continue these supplementation in addition to formula milk and there is no need to go for another brand.

And I wish you happy parenting.

Best regards.