Baby is having fever. Diagnosed with typhoid. Which specialist should I consult?

Pediatrician, Surgery
hi my cousin(2 years) is having fever for last 2 days . It continuously rising up to 102 - 103 degree Fahrenheit . After diagnosis child specialist says he is suffering from typhoid . To whom it is better to consult child specialist or pediatrics ?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Anand Sinha 12 minutes later

Thank you for placing your query with Health Care Magic.

A child specialist and a pediatrician are one and the same thing. But if you are looking specifically I suggest you search for a Pediatrician because that is the more scientific and logical term. If you are in India, the degree will be MD Pediatrics (preferable) or DCH (Diploma in Child Health)

As for your cousin, I wish to know how has he been diagnosed Typhoid ( Widal test / Typhidot / Blood culture) because the history of fever is short. If it is Typhoid, then your cousin will need appropriate antibiotic therapy. His fever also needs to be kept under check with drugs because 102-103 degree Fahrenheit is high fever.

Hope that helps.

God bless you

Dr Anand Sinha
MCh Pediatric Surgery