Baby is due for fourth month injection. Is it fine if the injection is delayed by a week?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi Doctor, My Daughter is 4 months old, her 4th month injection is past due by one week, and now we have a vacation for the whole country for another week, so the government hospitals are closed. I tried the to take her to couple of the private hospitals and it is very very expensive. Is it OK to wait another week not giving the baby the injection ?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 15 minutes later
Thanks for writing to healthcare magic.
Waiting for one more week shouldnt be a problem.
Generally 4th month vaccine can be given with no problem or any change in schedule if delayed upto 4 weeks from due date.
But make sure to give the vaccine within 4 weeks of the actual due date.
Hope I answered your query.
Would be glad to help if needed further.
Dr Arun