Baby having red marks legs and hands, swollen. What is the treatment?
User rating for this question
My baby girl is 10 months old. There were lot of mosquitos in the house yesterday and she has got many red marks on her legs and hands. One particular mark on the hand is worrying us as it is like a swelling. Please refer to the attached picture. If you zoom the picture you will be able to see it Further please do advice whether we can use a mosquito patch and which one should we use
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: DONT BITE ME patch; ODOMOS cream or lotion Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing in. I have gone through your query and the attached pictures of your baby's arm. In my opinion, it is a perfectly normal reaction to a mosquito bite ma'am. Nothing to worry about. I would only like to say that, if the rains are going on in Mumbai as of now, then viral infections should be in the air (eg. Dengue, etc.). God forbid they are, you will have to keep your baby from them. A few measures include: -Mosquito nets on all the windows in the house -Mosquito netted door can be added before or after the existing main door of the house -Mosquito net can be hung from the ceiling, falling down on to the bed in which your baby sleeps -During the day, mosquito patches (eg. DONT BITE ME) and ODOMOS mosquito repellent spray, lotion or cream are all safe to be used on newborns, infants or toddlers -Mosquito repellent liquidizers at home, with closed doors and windows I hope you found my response both helpful and informative ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications or information. I would be more than happy to help you. Wishing your little baby a beautiful and healthy life ahead. God bless you and your family.
People also viewed
- Taking mucinex now swollen salivary glands
- Side effects of hyzaar
- Will glycerin suppositories help induce labor
- What is the treatment for itchy swollen red vaginal skin
- Side effects of latanoprost
- What happens if a glycerin suppository gets in toddlers vagina
- Side effects of nexavar
- Side effects of avelox
- Value of glycosolated hemoglobin in pregnancy
- Red lower leg swollen varicose veins treatment
- Swollen legs and ankles treatment
- What is the treatment for crest on my swollen leg
- Theraflu would raise your glucose level?
- Side effects of flagyl
- What is the treatment for swollen left leg