Baby having rashes on the abdomen, thighs and hands. What could be done?
User rating for this question
Hi My son who is 22 months old has rashes on the abdomen and near thighs and hands. We saw it while we were changing him to his night clothes. He is not looking sick or ill and no fever. He is ~ 11 kilos and is very frightened to go to the hospital Should i rush him to the hospital or can take care at home
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Don`t rush.dermatologist consultation Detailed Answer: Hi Dear, Welcome to the the XXXXXXX It does not appears to be any emergency. Possible causes are allergic or parasitic (like scabies. All can be easily treated. Immediately you can apply calamine lotion and some oral anti allergic medicine like cetrizine syrup can be given about 3.5 ml stat. It would have been easier to explain if you had loaded the photograph of the rashes. Little detailed history is expected like itchy. size, fluid filled,crusting, raised, color, recent stay in hotel,recent use of new woolens or linens, any application of liquids etc, Please upload the photograph in the next query,and feel free for the further clarification. Thanks
Follow-up: Baby having rashes on the abdomen, thighs and hands. What could be done? 12 hours later
Thanks dr. I have attached two pictures of the rashes. We didnt change anything beyond his regulars. Right now using atarax 2.5 ml and calosoft lotion. Can I apply coconut oil
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Insect bite Detailed Answer: Hi It all looks like insect bite only. Invisible small insects are usually present in the damp area after rainy season,From clothes kept for long time etc Coconut oil can be applied. Some mild steroidal cream application like beclamethasone etc will help in relieving the itching. Avoid scratching , it may become infected. Hope the symptoms will relieve with this measures. Thanks
People also viewed
- Is frequent urge to urinate a side effect of prilosec?
- Child had fever and throat infection prescribed azee suggest
- Infant drank curdled old formula what to do
- Rashes in thighs and palm wrist hands
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of paclitaxel?
- Rash on thighs shin causing weakness what could this be
- Stomach pain and vomiting should i be concerned
- Inner thigh and lower abdomen rash
- Baby has barking cough suggest treatment
- Baby rash on thighs
- Baby with rash on inner thigh
- Child hit by bottle on head should i be worried
- Is stomach pain, continuing a side effect of protonix?
- Is itching a side effect of promethazine with codeine?
- Is pounding in the ears a side effect of progesterone?