Baby having cluster of small circles on feet top, ankle area. Reason and how to get relief?

Hi, I am trying to determine if my daughter 3 1/2 yrs has something to be worried about on her foot and ankle. She has what looked like a spider bite or bug bite, but she said that it didn't hurt or itch. it was a cluster with an amorphous shape with smaller slightly defined circles. I thought perhaps ringworm she bites her nails and picks and eats her buggers so I thought she could have had something from contact with whatever? I recently saw a smaller one on her ankle (opposite foot) and researched ringworm and thought it probably wasn't that. I squeezed it the other day and she said it only hurt like a pinch. I have not seen any other spreading, but I am wondering if I should be concerned. Its at the top of foot and ankle area above where she has her sandal straps. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 14 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Kids can suffer from various minor skin ailments like fungal infections, dermatitis arising out of allergies etc.
I will be in a better position to answer your question if you could please send in a photograph of the affected area. You can upload the picture using the 'Upload your reports' section on the right.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Baby having cluster of small circles on feet top, ankle area. Reason and how to get relief? 5 days later
Hi, My daughter was away on a trip so I could not get images until today. The larger "B" shaped area is raised and it looks like it is getting ready to callous, but I am not sure if it will. the other two areas on the opposite foot are only slightly raised and smaller in diameter.
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 11 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
It seems to be an insect/ bug bite that has led to erythema and swelling.
Itching in such cases along with pain at times is common.
An oral course of antibiotic along with topical application of mild steroid and antibacterial should be given for your doctor. Please see her physician as the antibiotics would be a prescription drug.
Avoid using antiseptic lotions, tight bandage, pressure etc at site as it might lead to worsening of symptoms.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Baby having cluster of small circles on feet top, ankle area. Reason and how to get relief? 2 hours later
Hi Thanks for your prompt reply. The only thing is that she said it doesn't hurt or itch. Would that be something else besides a bug bite then?
I will contact a dermatologist in my area since you think it would need that attention/prescription.
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 26 minutes later
Thanks for your follow up query.
Insect bies at times can be non itchy , also pressure due to some footwear can lead to such lesions. I can just say that if its not symptomatic, its not something to worry about but a visit to dermatologist should be carried out to take care of the erythema and XXXXXXX

Dr.Rohit Batra