Baby has low grade fever and uneasiness after eating baby food. Fever gone after medication. Is baby fine?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My brother's baby (8 mo) seems to develop a low grade fever after eating a certain kind of baby jar food. He also reported that the baby seems uneasy after feeding but no vomiting or diarrhea. They give the baby medication and once fever is gone. The baby is fine. Any thoughts? Thank you. My brother added that her stool has food smell to it. She is usually fed homemade baby food,
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
I appreciate your concern for your niece's health.
It is common for the babies who are fed homemade foods do not usually tolerate the packed foods due to the preservatives used or some allergy. Development of mild fever indicates such a problem. It is best not to give her any kind of ready made baby foods.
Fresh homemade baby feeds are actually the best for the baby and should never be replaced with packed foods if not necessary.

Hope I have answered your query and eased your tension. Feel free to get back to me with any further query.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.