Baby has fever, no improvement with medicine. Suggestion?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi My baby is 11 months old, having fever 102, i am worried.. i am giving doloper 125 mg syrup every 6 hr..

can you pls suggest if i have to go to hospital now, i am in india and time right now here is 1:30AM.
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 40 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX
Usual cause of fever in infants is viral respiratory infection,most common simple flu. This is moderately elevated body temperature and you should continue with doloper every 6 hr and fever should fall after 12 hours. I think there is no need to hurry to doctor but if fever become higher than 103 or you notice rash, seizures,breathing difficulties, lethargy or signs of dehydration (Urine that looks darker, A dry, parched mouth and lips No tears while crying, Sunken eyes, Hands and feet that feel cold and look splotchy). So give him enough fluids even if baby refuses it. If his condition isnt better after 12-16 hours you should visit doctor.
WIsh you good health. If you have any question I ll be glad to help.
Follow-up: Baby has fever, no improvement with medicine. Suggestion? 2 minutes later
thank a lot XXXXXXX .
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 17 minutes later
You are welcome. WIsh you and your baby good health.