Baby fell on face, nose bleeding, bump on forehead. Heart rate, oxygen level in blood came normal. Should I be worried?

My daughter fell off a chair on her face yesterday (about 20 hours ago)...she cried of pain in the nose and then we noticed her nose is bleeding. Took her to the doc immediately and he said she was fine. The oxygen level in blood, heart rate etc was checked. He checked her eyes. She seemed fine. Later after gettig back home, noticed a bump on her forehead...right in the centre. Its still there now. There has not been any fever or vomiting. Should I still be worried? or take her for another round of check up?
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Himanshi Kashyap 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Whenever a child has a fall, one has to watch out for the following in first 24hrs.
1) bleed from ears and nose.
2)any abnormal behavior.
4)projectile and multiple vomits.

Since your daughter fell on the face, there must have been injury on the nose area, hence the bleed. Since the doctor has examined her then fracture of Nose Bridge must have been ruled out.

The swelling you are describing is a soft tissue swelling and will resolve in maximum 2weeks, so I guess you can relax though the swelling must be looking worrisome to you. If your daughter is behaving normal then I guess you can relax.

Hope to have answered your queries.
Take Care.