Baby developing red and white patches all over body. Suggest?

Question
Why my 10 month old baby developing red and white patches all over the body?
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 10 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Red and white patches may be due to nappy rash in this age group. So avoid any commercial nappies/huggies. Use soft hosiery clothes and change them thrice a day and as required. The area should be dry always and you can use medicated powders like johnson's.
if the patches do not subside in 3-4 days then the problem may indicate to a skin infection and you will need a skin specialist referral for getting the child evaluated.
i hope the advise would be helpful for you.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Baby developing red and white patches all over body. Suggest? 12 hours later
Home remedies for skin rashes in infants
What are the symptoms of ringworm in infants does this red and white patches are related to that?

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.
Ringworm is rare in babies of this age. There can be other skin infections or allergic conditions.
Best home remedy is daily bath, immediately mop dry the child with cotton towel and keep the baby free from sweat. Ensure that he dons only cotton cloths.
If still the trouble persist then take a skin doctor consultation at your locality.
I hope it would be helpful for you.