Baby crying keeping hands on genitals and asking to rub. Solution?

Feb 2013

I have 1.5 year old baby girl daily she cry a lot while placing her hands on her urinating area and ask me to rub it what can i do please give me a solution
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
urine tests with doctor advice.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Crying, placing hand on her private parts and asking to rub that area mostly due to irritation in that area.

Irritation in her private part could be due to redness of genital region due to local infections such as candidiasis or irritation caused by soap or detergents, or giving her urine sample for investigations such as complete urine examination and culture and sensitivity. If the tests are suggestive of urine infection, child needs a course of antibiotic to treat bacterial infections of urinary tract.

If there is local infections of skin and mucous lining such as candida, it has to be treated with local application of antifungal agent.

Give her plenty of water to drink.

Therefore I suggest you to consult the Pediatrician for clinical examination to look for any local redness in her genital area, to investigate for urinary infection, and to advice treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.