Baby born in 34th week, now in NICU. CT says baby has effected in brainb IVH group 4. Will the baby recover ?

my wife gave a birth to baby in hyper tension in 34th week . now the baby is in 5th day in NICU weghing about 1.3kg and CT scan reprt says the baby has effected in brain IVH group 4.
now since from last two days the activity of movement is better than the 1st three days.
please let me know whether baby will recover fron IVH? and shall we continue the treetment in NICU?
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Since your baby has survived the first five days of her life which are very critical, the chances of her survival are good.
The improvement in her activity is also a good sign. We must not lose hope. Continuation of treatment at NICU is necessary for her survival.
However my assessment here is severely limited in the absence of a direct examination.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Baby born in 34th week, now in NICU. CT says baby has effected in brainb IVH group 4. Will the baby recover ? 36 hours later
i am worring about the IVH Grade 4 effect. and the baby may have long term neurological disorders. please confirm is there is any treetment? i have sent the images of baby's CTscan to your email id.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The neurological defects which the baby might suffer in future are difficult to predict right now. There is no specific treatment for this condition. Only supportive treatment is provided to prevent any complications.
However complete recovery of the baby is possible without any residual neurological deficits.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.