Baby banged top of head. Didn't lose consciousness. Should I be worried?

Baby banged head ( top of head just by soft spot) not hard but did cry for a min or so after. She is 6 months, is playing still and didn't lose consciousness. Will she be ok?
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 40 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I can see your baby's incident got your worried if there is an XXXXXXX head injury that might cause any future medical implications. But, I have to tell you that you would need to observe her for a day or two closely for the following - headache (indicated obviously lot of inconsolable crying for a prolonged period), vomiting of feeds, crying/closing eyes tightly in light, or unconsciousness as you already quoted and any other behavior abnormal for her. These are certain indicators that point to an XXXXXXX head injury and immediate medical attention is sought.

Else, there need not be any concern to begin with. And a small bruise would itself disappear in few days. Only, if there is active bleeding at time of injury - then again medical attention is vital.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.