Baby accidentally sprayed air freshener on her face. Will cause serious problems?

my baby acciedently spray glade airfreshener on her face,she is 3 1/2 yrs old.will it cause any serious problems
plz let me know.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Child Health
Follow-up: Baby accidentally sprayed air freshener on her face. Will cause serious problems? 8 minutes later
is it harmful to baby ,let me know ...
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

Your 3 and half year old baby has sprayed air freshener on her face. It might cause allergic / asthma symptoms if your child has previous history of allergies or asthma. As I do not see any of this history on your query, I do not think there can be any trouble now due to the accidental spraying.

At this point, I would like to share with you a few facts about us of aromatic air fresheners. They contain harsh chemical which may include butane, propane, phthalates or other toxins are commonly found in a variety of products. These can cause multiple health issues related to breathing and allergies. Prolonged exposure might increase chances of cancers, developmental and sex-hormone abnormalities in infants, and fertility issues.

So do think about these issues every time you spray from your air fresheners.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.

Wish you good health.