BUN, serum creatinine levels elevated. What is cortical thinning involving anterior renal cortex?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
What is "some cortical thinning involving the anterior renal cortex on the left"? BUN and serum creatinine are elevated and have been for 4-5 years. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Cortical thinning on ultrasound scan of kidney is suggestive of a renal parenchymal malfunctioning. Raised levels of BUN and creatinine in serum are further confirmatory of same.
Long term diabetes and hypertension can lead to such parenchymal changes in the kidney. Controlling the predisposing factors will be helpful.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.