BP reading showing 135-95. Not taking medication. Suggest

Cardiologist, Interventional
Last couple of times my BP reading have been in the range of 135-95. I am overweight and have a family history of BP.

I am not on medication and want to avoid as much as possible. I have started a healthy , low salt diet and 40 minutes walk every day.

Can I postpone medication and wait and watch for some more time?
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 58 minutes later
Hello and welcome

Normally, if you don't have any other risk factors like Diabetes, High Cholesterol, smoking etc, in that case you can continue with life style modification for another few months.

If it gets controlled, you may continue with that. If it does not get controlled, then you have to start medication.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you a healthy heart .