BP 117/90, anxiety, OCD. Dangerous?

My blood pressure was 117/90 at the pharmacist. I am 23 years old. Is this dangerous? I was also slightly nervous while having my BP taken and have a history of anxiety and OCD.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 15 minutes later

The normal Blood pressure is 120/80 and plus or minus ten degress is fine and nothing to worry.

BP varies throughout the day and is never constant. It is also influenced by various factors as age, weight, physical activity, food, anxiety, any associated conditions etc.

Considering your age the BP recorded was fine and anxiety can influence the readings. If you notice any other symptoms as weakness, tiredness, fainting, dizzy then consider rushing to ER as these are symptoms of low BP.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.