Azoospermic, 3rd IVF trial, semen analysis, infection with pus cells, noroxin treatment. Success rate of IVF ?

General Surgeon
Question
hi my name is XXXXXXX my husband is azoospermic and we are preparing for our 3rd IVF trial on the 22nd of XXXXXXX however, his semen analysis is revealing infection (high pus cell with some in clumps) we did a course of noroxin and still the infection is present - are we in trouble? thank you
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Follow-up: Azoospermic, 3rd IVF trial, semen analysis, infection with pus cells, noroxin treatment. Success rate of IVF ? 3 minutes later
he is taking multivitamin with some supplements like macca , horny goat etc... should he stop them before the operation (TESE)? Thank you

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 5 minutes later

Infection must be controlled before IVF, as infection is known to reduces success rate of IVF ( TESE).

He can take multivitamin along with a course of broad spectrum antibiotics. Perhaps culture and sensitivity test of semen sample to find the right antibiotic for treating infection is entailed.

I suggest IVF only after control of infection.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries,

“Wish you and your partner Good Health and speedy recovery”

Follow-up: Azoospermic, 3rd IVF trial, semen analysis, infection with pus cells, noroxin treatment. Success rate of IVF ? 1 hour later
thank you for your quick reply... how long should we wait after the infection to do IVF?

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 7 minutes later
Hello

Minimum time period for sperm formation or generation is three months. So ideally one should wait for 3 months.

But I suggest a gap of alteast one month to my patients who look for early conception. You may discuss this with your infertility specialist.

Hope I have answered your query,

“Wish you Good Health”