Audible heart beat when I open mouth. What could this be?

hello i have noticed in the last couple of months that i can hear my heartbeat through my mouth sounds like a clicking during sex or exercise, what could this be. have also noticed a wooshing sound coming from chest.
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Uncommon complaints

Detailed Answer:

It would be better if you can reveal your age, gender and occupation. Have you seen a doctor for this? Were some investigations done in this regard?

The symptoms complained are not common in my usual practice, however I will try to give my opinion if you can give more details.

Follow-up: Audible heart beat when I open mouth. What could this be? 7 hours later
im 25 male and no i havent . it is sttange but i have a audible heart beat when i open my mouth during exercise
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Preliminary evaluation required

Detailed Answer:

Few more queries and not to offend you

1) Do you abuse illicit drugs?
2) Do you have anxiety disorder?

If true for the above there is a chance that you hear the heart beats louder than usual.

There is also a cardiac condition where the heart beats are loud enough to be heard by the person himself. I would not mention it now as it would increase your anxiety and spend sleepless nights. I wish you get a preliminary evaluation by a local physician and get the following tests ordered for better diagnosis:
1) ECG
2) 2D- ECHO
3) Serum T3, T4 and TSH

Hope this helps.