Atrial fibrilation. On warafin medication. Did ablation surgery. Causes for chest and back pain?

I'm a 65 yr old female, about 100 lbs overweight. I have diabeates high blood pressure, asthema, excema, and atrial fibrilation. I'm asking about the afib. I had an ablation 1 1/2 years ago. I feel like some of my symptoms are coming back: weak legs eye sight gets bad, breathless, palpations, but my heart stays in rythum and ekgs are fine. I am on warfarin and my blood draws are fine. My Dr. says this is not afib and doesn't really deal with it. Newer symptoms are chest pressure and pain in upper left of my back . I have had two heart catherizations which were clear. What should I be looking for? I see so many Doctors, but feel like I'm going to have to figure this out myself. Thank you
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 hours later

I understand that you are dealing with multitude of problems.

The gold standard test, cardiac catheterisation had ruled out coronory heart disease which is the big thing. Your doctor had ruled out electrical disorders (A.Fibrillation) too. At least you should be assured on that.

The recurring symptoms can bother you, and they have to be closely understood by an XXXXXXX Medicine Doctor after thorough examination. Whenever he doubts he should refer you to appropriate specialist and get their opinions. Hence an XXXXXXX Medicinist should be your primary along with a Geriatrics Specialist who can also help with counseling and educate on secondary prevention.

These are the principal reasons to be monitored given your profile.
1. Diabetes Complications
2. Multiple drug regimens have potential to interact amongst themselves.
3. Uncontrolled Asthma

I hope the new symptoms were experienced earlier to your Cardiologist visit. If yes, then muscular pain, gut related problems also are investigated. If the new ones started recently then you need to undergo a thorough check up right from baseline tests with XXXXXXX Medicine Specialist, given your complex health profile.

Hope I am of some help to you. Please post further queries if any.