Ate raw garlic. Lips and inside mouth got inflamed and painful. What should I do?

Jan 2013

I ate raw garlic with my lunch around 15 days now my lips and inside mouth got inflamated it is very painfull and iam facing problem for eating food what should i do now i am 44 year old man
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later

1) Without looking your problem, its very difficult to comment.

2) Kindly answer the following details:
a) Were oral lesions preceded by any blisters?
b) Are these ulcers are white coloured with surrounding red skin?

3) While all oral ulcers have almost same treatment, as specific cause is not defined.

4) Oral inflammation may be in form of ulcers/ red or purple coloured oral lining.

5) Oral inflammation after eating garlic may be a culprit cause, but other factor also appears to be the contributing factor. Other factors may be Vitamin deficiency, Zinc deficiency, stress.

6) You should consult physician for rapid recovery.

7) As the cause if not defined, these inflammation may take sometimes 3-4 weeks for recovery. You should take multivitamins with zinc, Rebapimide/ Troxipide, vitamin C, triamcinolone oral paste.

8) Painful swallowing may be relieved by use of glycerin (a piece of cotton dip in glycerin) may be highly beneficial.

Put your query if you have.

Best regards,

Dr. Mayank Bhargava