Ate laundry starch by mistake, have acidity. Anything to worry?

Question
Hi, I ate laundry starch by mistake. Anything to worry? Right now I am only feeling acidity but that's a problem that I have usually.
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!
I do not want to waste the precious time typing lengthy answer. Though you do not have any symptoms you need an emergency evaluation to rule out possibility of damage since detergents have very strong chemicals such as alkalies, phosphates etc.

I would suggest which should NOT be done : Please do not try(induce) to vomit as it can cause more damage by making the gut inflamed.

Please do not try to neutralize the consumed product by some home remedies like lemon juice etc, because it may cause chemical reaction between them and more damage.

I feel that the product you have consumed to be harmful and needs to evaluated by your doctor again.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Ate laundry starch by mistake, have acidity. Anything to worry? 20 minutes later
Actually I have not taken it directly, it was mixed with other things while making a snack. It was used by miatake in place of maida and the snack was deep fried before I eat.

Answered by Dr. Guru 7 minutes later

Thanks for the update and follow up.

Though you did not take it directly, I still feel that you need immediate clinical evaluation in hospital. Moreover, we are not dealing with a contaminated material which might get disinfected when deep fried. So, deep frying does not lessen it's impact. Please visit a doctor at the earliest.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Wish you good health.