At what point should I seek medical attention for minor trauma injury to back? No bruise, little pain

I am just wondering at what point should I seek medical attention for a minor trauma injury to my back/kidney. I am a fit 23 year old who plays semi pro soccer. Today, I accidently took a knee or kick to the left kidney. The pain was immediately unbearable. I managed to play out the half, but could no longer kick and was struggling with most movements. The area is not bruised, but it is swollen and I have not yet noticed blood or discoloration of my urine. However the pain is unbearable. I am unable to sit up or down without excruciating pain. Once I am seated, the pain does seem to lessen to a point where I can tolerate it. However, any movement sends pain from midway up my left flank area, down my hip and leg.
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
I understood from your description you have had blunt trauma on the left kidney projection.
Taking in consideration your signs and symptoms with sever pain, limitation in movement, swelling, radiating pain- I can confirm that now, without delay you need medical consultation. At this point you need Urinalysis, complete blood count, Computer tomography investigation ( to clarify if you your kidney was affected and rule out any ribs fissures. ). I would advice you to stop any physical activity.
Hope this helps, if you have additional queries, don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,