Asthmatic patient. Having skin itching and sneezing problem. Guide?

ENT Specialist
Hi , I am XXXXXX.
I have asthmatic problem since last 2 years. But now I am not taking any medicine.
But now I am facing following problems -
1. Getting skin itching and need to take some tabletes (Citrizine).
2. Also having sneezing problem.

Please suggest.
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 6 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. Nasal and skin allergies are related to asthma.

2. Get a nasal examination done. This will help rule out any physical deformity such as a deviated nasal septum or hypertrophied nasal turbinates which may be contributing to the symptoms.

3. In addition, the color of the nasal mucosa (lining)and it's appearance may give a clue to the exact cause for the sneezing.

4. if Allergic Rhinitis is detected, request a two week trial with an anti-leukotriene, a steroid nasal spray and regular steam inhalation besides the cetrizine (anti-histamine) that you are already taking for your skin allergy.

5. Get a Skin Specialist's opinion and also explore Food Intolerance (which is a delayed onset food allergy as against the common immediate hypersensitivity). Do you have any occupational or environmental triggers?

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.