Asthmatic. Have had flu. Experiencing pain under breast. Taking antibiotic. How to get relief?

Jan 2013

I have had the flue for about 2 weeks. One of the worse things that seem to come along with it is a nagging cough, which has resulting in breaking a couple of ribs. I am an asthmatic so I have experienced this sort of pain in the past. I do not remember it being this painful in the past. It is right under my left breast. I s there anything I can do to releive the pain, this happened 5 days ago. I have been taking antibiotics. Have not been to Dr since rib incident. Also am very weak
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned one.
Do you have fever/ difficulty in breathing along with chest pain?
Do you weakness and fatigue?
At what time cough is severe? Whether whole day or during night?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of lower chest pain.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ chest physician and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go complete hologram, erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), and chest x XXXXXXX
At times, infection confined to upper respiratory tract may spread to lower tract and may cause chest pain and difficulty in breathing.
Involvement of lungs can be confirmed by simple x XXXXXXX
Viral upper respiratory tract may also be associated with myalgia (piano in muscles) as it's integral symptoms.
As such there is no correlation between fibromyalgia (associated with generalised pain), high blood pressure and thyroid conditions.

Meanwhile, you should take analgesic along with muscles relaxant.
Take proper bed rest.

Hope that helps.
Take care,
Let me know your other queries.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava