Asthma, psoriasis. Solupred, atarax, daivobet cream. Side effects?

Question
CAN I TAKE SOLUPRED 20MG TOGETHER WITH ATARAX 25MG AND DAIVOBET CREME FOR PSORIASIS FOR 1 MONTH? WHAT ARE SIDE EFFECTS? I AM 48 YRS OLD/5 FT 4/55KG.I HAVE ASTHMA SINCE EARLY CHILDHOOD BUT O N & OFF DURING ADULTHOOD.THANKS FR YR HELP.XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Psoriasis

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 32 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Solupred contains prednisolone (oral steroid), atarax contains hydroxyzine which is an antihistaminic or anti allergic and Daivobet contains two active substances: calcipotriol and betamethasone (topical steroid). There are no reported interactions between the three drugs and you can taken them but it is advisable to taken them under prescription under a medical supervision.

The side effects of Solupred which contains an oral steroid are fluid and electrolyte imbalance, hypertension, hypokalemia (low potassium), muscle weakness, steroid myopathy, gastritis and peptic ulcers, thin and fragile skin and development of cushingoid state.

So please take this medicine only under a medical supervision and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.