Asthma patient. Developed joint and muscle pain. What do you suggest?

I am an asthma patient undergoing treatment from Care hospital. Now for the past one and half month, I have developed Joint and muscle pains in the right arm shoulders. Please guide me and give me solution.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 39 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query,

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

The symptoms that are restricted to your right shoulder area would have to be examined for local reasons like injury, ligament strains, etc. If you get generalized symptoms, then a more systemic doubt of osteoporosis in your age group needs evaluation.

Meanwhile, another reason would the side effects of the drug - Montelukast (Montair) you are on. They are well documented to cause such symptoms. And I seem to believe this is more valid in your case.

Hence, I would suggest you speak to your prescribing doctor for a review.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.