Asked for platelet test to be done. What should I do?

ive been asked to have my platlet test done again because they were unable to do the test because the platelets were clumped. all other test results were normal. she wants me to take the platelet test again. do you know what that is about?
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Platelets are small tiny cells in our blood that do not have nuclei, they are constantly formed from bigger cell, infact they are fragments of these cells.
Platelets play a vital role in stopping bleeding.
There are many diseases and medicines which acn affect the function or the count of platelets.
The clumping of the platelets is a sampling error and meticulous repeat sample is a must to get exact platelet count.
If your physician has a doubt that you can have trouble with platelets then it must be done.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!