Arthritis in the joints just above the thumb. Will voltaren emugel help?
User rating for this question
I have arthritis in the joints just above the thumbs. I have tried: Myonatural, Biofreeze, Myoflex, Dr. Sheffield's Muscle rub and Rub-A535. Non has really helped. My Dr. just gave me samples of Voltaren Emugel to try. Should I expect better results from this product than the products I've listed? Do you represent any of these companies....or will I get an honest and informed answer?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Moustafa Saeed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Honest answer Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for your question. Topical treatment for arthritis which you have been using can help but they are not as strong as systemic treatment like tablets. I will recommend tablets treatment such as paracetamol, codein, ibuprofen or voltaren tablets. The exact dose and combination of the above tablets depends on your other medical conditions and age, and if you have contraindication to any of the above drugs. Wish you speedy recovery
People also viewed
- Biotics bio-d mulsion
- Is dizziness a side effect of diovan hct?
- Bilateral facet joints
- Blood supply hip
- Arthritis in thumb metacarpal joints
- Is drowsiness a side effect of equagesic?
- Is constipation a side effect of epzicom?
- Thumb arthritis symptoms
- Is confusion a side effect of enoxaparin?
- Is sore throat a side effect of clobazam?
- Arthritis in the thumb bones
- Low bone calcium
- Adaptive devices for thumb arthritis
- Below knee prosthetics
- Carpometacarpal arthritis of the thumb