Arteriography indicated irregular in left main, proximal LAD, distal LAD, circumflex. What does this mean?

I have just had an Arteriography and the results indicate Mildy irregular in the Left Main, Proximal LAD, Distal LAD, Circumflex and RCA and also Mid LAD 40%. I will not be seeing my cardiologist for a week or so but in the meantime I would like to know what does all this mean?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 42 minutes later

Thanks for the query and let me try to help you regarding this.

Your recent done arteriography indicates that the blood vessels supplying to your heart show problem and it can be interpreted as:-

- irregularity in their normal anatomical structure and it can be narrowing due to plaque as you have increased cholesterol and that is seen in most of the arteries left main, proximal LAD (Left Anterior Descending), distal LAD, Circumflex and RCA(that is the Right Coronary Artery).
-the mid LAD is showing a block of 40%.

This condition occurs as a result of deposition of cholesterol (or fatty deposits in common language) that results in blockage of arteries and creates reduced blood supply to your heart.
In common language you can say that most of the blood vessels supplying the heart are blocked to some extent so it causes reduced blood supply to the heart muscles. Reduced blood supply can cause weakening and even death of heart muscles.

Such a condition with reduced blood supply is called Ischemia and this leads to Myocardial infarction (in common language a heart attack when the blood supply is stopped and the muscles get dead).

Since you have history of hypertension and heart disease you may get chest pain because of the narrowing of the arteries supplying to the heart.

The fact that you have a family history of heart disease makes you even more prone to the disease.

Here I guess that you are on regular medications for diabetes, hypertension and even for the heart disease as you have not mentioned any.

Since you have heart disease and even had a TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) I guess your doctor may even have put you on blood thinning medicine like low dose Aspirin.

The umbilical hernia needs treatment mostly likely a surgical repair will be required to fix it.
If you are presently not having symptoms like chest pain, breathlessness on exertion, uneasiness and sweating then you can continue your medicines and wait for the appointment with your Cardiologist.

Just in case if you start having any of the above symptoms you should immediately go to an emergency room and get examined.

I hope I have answered most of your queries.