Arms between hands and elbow and legs mostly from knees to ankles tingle. Blood test normal. Cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my arms and legs ... arms between my hands and elbow and legs mostly from my knees to my ankles tingle ... I don't know why except I've had a lot of stress at work .... I've also just had medical blood work done just for yearly checkup and there was no problems.

Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs investigations to find out the cause.

Detailed Answer:
Tingling are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your hands, feet, arms, or legs.
Many causes of such sensations are there. These include injury to the back or spinal cord, Lack of blood supply to the legs or arms as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause tingling sensations.

Firstly, I’ll request you to get your blood sugar/HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) tested to rule out Diabetes mellitus. Also get your thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.