Arms are going numb. What could be the cause?

Spine Surgeon
Both of my arms are going numb from under the arms to my hands. When I lay down it is constance, when I am standing up it comes and goes.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
Numbness in arm and hands are neurological symptoms. This needs to be thoroughly investigated. I would suggest to consult a physician and get a thorough exam.
Usually it could be due to vit B12 deficiency or local pressure on the nerves. Sometime spinal cord pressure in cervical spine can cause similar problem. You may need to get cervical spine xrays. If you have any investigations then please upload to get the better understanding of the problem. Thanks.