Armpits very sweaty,cracked,burning red spots,deodorant,severe burning

My armpits sweat a lot.. there are cracks in the artmits and have noticed small red spots which burn a lot.. I have been using the deos to get rid of sweating but due to red spots i have severe burning sensation. I am male/
36 yr old weighting abt 70 kg
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 27 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

The red spots you have could probably be the cherry hemangiomas which are small round dome ("papule"), which may be flat topped composed of dilated blood vessels.

The burning sensation over them may be due to break in the skin covering them which could be as a result of shaving the axillary hair or due to fungal infections.

Deos do contain alcohol which irritate the broken raw surfaces over the hemangiomas caused by fungal infection.

The hemangiomas could be treated by Electrocautry ( burning them by electric spark ) or newer techniques like pulsed XXXXXXX laser or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment has also been used.

For the excess sweating which could be due to the same above reason , can be controlled by applying KETO dusting powder into the arm pits.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: Armpits very sweaty,cracked,burning red spots,deodorant,severe burning 20 minutes later
Should i consult a skin specialist for the treatment ? and what is a cost of the IPL treatment?

How much time it takes to get rid of hemangiomas and what about the cracks or broken skin in my armpits? what will it get treated?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 47 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for following me up,

Yes, you have to consult a dermatologist for the treatment of the hemangiomas , and it takes not more than minutes to burn them using electric current.

The KETO dusting powder will heal the cracks.

Wish you good health.