Are white spots on feces,stomach pain and constipation indication of possible infection?

large white spots on outside of feces this morning. Very white and Ive been having unusual stomach/intestinal pain for over a month. Never noticed these white chunks before. Tried to go again 30 minutes later and didnt notice white chunks, but the feces was extremely hard and compressed. I have had stomach/intestine issues for about 15 years but test never found anything, The pain I've been having is all over my mid region, and not localized to the stomach area. Been very tired and weak for over a month. From my internet research based on my symptoms I thought it was intestinal bacteria, gall stones, parasites/worms, or abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi Vairiani, Your search may be right. The symptoms you are experiencing are indicative for possible infection of you bowels and probable constipation. You have this for years together. It could be chronic infection with giardiasis/amoebiasis as well. You had not mentioned whether you tested with a doctor or not. I'd suggest to run several tests in order to identify the right diagnosis and get proper treatment: - do abdominal ultrasound - culture of your feces for bacteria and candida - examination of stool for ova/parasites - complete blood profile and eosinophils For the constipation, I'd advise to: - drink plenty of water - eat more foods high in fiber - take sena, lactulose and fiber supplementation - go to the bathroom when you have the need to go, do not delay Hope it answered to your concern! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: Are white spots on feces,stomach pain and constipation indication of possible infection? 53 minutes later
Thank you for taking time to help me figure this out. I do not have constipation, I can go normally, and I dont have any trouble going or any pain when going. Are there any over the counter medications or holistic medicines I can take to kill of bacteria or parasites? I also do not have health insurance, and cant afford going around in circles until I get the right kind of doctor to diagnose me. What type of specialist doctor will most likely be able to help me with this, and what type of questions or test should I ask for so that Im not wasting money on unneeded test? About 14 year ago I had several test done at hospital including drinking grey sulfer like stuff and a CT scan or something like that, but they never found anything and the doctors said they have no clue what my problems were. The tap water in this city coming out of my sink smells like a water treatment plant early in the morning. Could this fecal smelling water be the cause, or could it feed the parasites that may have already been in my intestines for years? thanks
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Keep proper hygiene,wash hands with water&soap... Detailed Answer: Hi, Before taking any "holistic" medication, the very first thing is to determine whether you really have parasitic or bacterial infection. The only tests I suggest are: - coproculture (culture of stool for bacteria) - examination of stool for ova/parasites. You can ask your family doctor to run these tests. Based on the test results, you should get treatment. Meanwhile, I advise to: - keep good hygiene, especially when preparing food and when you go to toiled - wash always your hands with water and soap - if you use tap water, please boil it first then drink it. Or, you can use mineral water instead. If the tap water smells like a water treatment plant, it means it cannot be used for drinking purposes. You can always boil it before using it. You can report the fecal smelling of your tap water to the local authorities for further evaluation and to take proper measures. Wish you health! Feel free to ask me again if you have further concerns! If you are satisfied with my answer, please close this thread and kindly rate my answer! Dr.Klerida