Are upper leg and groin cramps and lower abdominal pain signs of early pregnancy?

Hi there, im 5 days post ovulating, and suffering with upper leg and groin cramps, plus some lower abdominal twinges. feeling sick and burping alot, and completely exhausted. Could this be signs of early pregnancy. I had my mirena coil removed last month, so this is my first full cycle.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 48 minutes later

Before I answer your query I would like to know today is which day of your menstrual cycle. That is the first day when bleeding is seen would be the first day of your menstrual cycle. How do you know that you are ovulating? Did you test with a kit or Ultrasound scan?

I do not think that you are pregnant. But you may go for Urine Pregnancy Test. The symptoms that you mentioned are not positive signs of pregnancy.

Generally it takes two to three months after removing Mirena for a healthy period and good ovulation.

Hope I am of some help to you to relieve your anxiety.
Follow-up: Are upper leg and groin cramps and lower abdominal pain signs of early pregnancy? 1 hour later
the first day of my last mentrual cycle was 19th April, I had unprotected sex with my partner on the 30th April and the 1st May.
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 3 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for your followup query.

You have had unprotected intercourse during the fertile days of your menstrual cycle.

Now you may have to check with Urine Pregnancy Kit. Normally it becomes positive 7th day after missing period. That is 26-May. But if your anxious you may do one today itself, second on 19-May and third on 26-May. If first one is positive no need to go for the second.

Second is by Transvaginal Sonography. It is a very accurate test.

Third is by checking blood HCG level twice over a period of two days. If there is a significant increase then pregnancy is confirmed.

Hope my answer was helpful and clear.