Are tightness and lump under rib cage signs of enlarged spleen?
User rating for this question
Hi, I am having what feels like a lump when I bend below my left breast under my ribcage. Also accompanied with a dull pain and a tightness and heaviness feeling in that same area. Could this be an enlarged spleen?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ultrasound Abdomen to clear the picture Detailed Answer: Dear Friend, A lump in the area you are describing (Left Hypochondrium) , this area has spleen, so if you are feeling a lump there, it might be a spleenic lump. The spleen usually grows towards the Right lower abdomen. It's very difficult to say its spleen or not without an examination. Do you have any fever , anemia , weight loss, night sweats or do you feel any lymph nodes? I suggest you for a physical examination followed by Ultrasound Abdomen , General Blood Picture. Ultrasound Abdomen will clear most of the picture , that is spleen enlargement of malaria , leukemia , lymphoma , spleenic abscess, cyst. It's also possible that there is nothing and you are just feeling your fat , or a lipoma there. But , yes, it's always better to be sure. Remaining investigations and the treatment would depend on Ultrasound report. Wish you Good luck. I hope i am able to solve your query , if you have any other query , you may ask me.
People also viewed
- Gallbladder and enlarged spleen
- Enlarged spleen popping left rib cage
- High liver enzymes with ulcer
- Slightly enlarged spleen
- What does high kidney enzymes mean
- Gilberts syndrome enlarged spleen
- Strange pressure in abdomen
- Sharp pricks in abdomen
- Pulling in right abdomen
- Pulling sensation in upper abdomen
- Pulling sensation upper right abdomen
- High liver enzymes peritinitous
- Will enlarged spleen push out rib cage
- Pistachios and high liver enzymes
- Palpitations and high liver enzymes