Are there side effects or chances of pancreas damage after taking 'Gems forte' and 'Galvus' for deiabetes?

I am a diabetic patient taking medicine 1 tab twice daily (Gems forte 2) and 1 twice daily (galvus50). Two months ago my sugar label was around 300 plus in op but now it has come down to 120. Should I continue with the same medicine or change. Is there any side effect or chances of damaging pancreas. Please advice XXXX
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Will not damage pancreas Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXX Both the drugs stimulate pancreas and cause release of insulin. It acts on insulin receptor and causes release of insulin. There are used in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. As there has been good improvement in sugar level in your case on medication which is really good indeed. These drugs stimulate pancreas but do not damage the pancreas. So continue use of the same drug. Also get regular fasting and post prandial blood sugar estimation done to know whether it's controlled. Also get Glycosylated Hemoglobin level done every 3 months which depicts the sugar control in preceding 3 months. Rest be assured everything is alright I hope it helped In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD