Are there medications that slow memory loss (over the counter).

Neurologist
Question
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Depends on the cause of memory loss.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

Memory loss at your age can be just age-related or may be Dementia. Multivitamins(especially B12) and anti-oxidants can be used as over the counter. For dementia, however, medicines like Donepezil or Memantine are used which should be used under the guidance of a Physician/Neurologist only.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)