Are there chances of getting pregnant despite taking I-Pill within 24 hours after unprotected sex?

Mar 2016

Hi, I had unprotected sex (not inserted but just touched the tip) with my GF. She was on 12th day of her period. She tool iPill after 12 hours and had bleeding after 7 days for almost 5-6 days. She again got period after 10 days of bleeding (3-4 days), so 2 periods in a month. She still feels cramps in her stomach but nothing serious. Should we worry about pregnancy?
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: RARE CHANCE OF PREGNANCY IN THIS CASE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Taking I-pill within first 24 hrs of unprotected sex gives more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy. Here, chance of pregnancy is EXTREMELY RARE. Withdrawal bleeding after 7 days is quite common and natural phenomena. It occurs due to effect of the I-pill. Most women get this type of bleeding after intake the pill. 2nd time bleeding (10 days after first one) is her own normal period according to her period cycle. So, you wouldn't be worried much. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and practice safe sex always. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW