Are there chances of HIV or STD post oral sex ?

i am 40 years old married men. For the first time in my life i had protected sex (used condoms) with a unknown girl on last sunday.Before sex i had licked girls vagina & boobs.Girl was clean & does'nt had any boils or pimples in her private parts.This mistake of having sex has put me under lots of tension & i am worried if tested +ve in HIV my whole family life will get spoiled. Please advice with the above act whether i will get infected with aids?Should i go for rapid HIV test??Please help & advice as iam in XXXXXXX depression.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 14 minutes later

You did a very good practice in having sex with protection of condom. Just that one act will guarantee you that you will not be infected with HIV.

Kisses and licks do not have any risk of infection with HIV. The mode of spread of HIV is via blood and blood products. Saliva does not spread HIV neither does oral sex.

Also you are literate person aware of the dangers of AIDS / HIV, which is a very good thing. So there is no need of stress on your part. Remember not to repeat such mistakes.

Rapid test for HIV can be done for the sole purpose of decreasing your apprehension. But serial monthly tests have to be done for six months.

Hope I have satisfied your query.
Follow-up: Are there chances of HIV or STD post oral sex ? 2 hours later
Thanks for your very effective reply which has taken out my tension by 90%.I do agree that in future i won't repeat this act again with unknown person.Please confirm should i go for HIV test ?? since my wife was away for quite some time i committed this mistake in influence of my friends. Now the worry is She will be coming back tommorrow.In that case if i share this with her am sure she will divorce me & leave .Also since we will be meeting after long time i can't use condom also with her ( she has been operated birth control) which in past we have not used. If i have sex with her iam fearing that she would also get infected if i am suppose +ve. Please advice what should i do. If i have to wait for test then she will definetly come to know.Please help & advice.
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 5 hours later
Do not worry about being infected by HIV. You are definitely not infected at all. Clear your mind of all doubts.
You may get HIV test done for your satisfaction. I do not believe that it is needed.
You may not inform your wife of your misadventure and you are 100% not going to infect her as you yourself are not infected.
Still get back to me for any of your doubt. I shall gladly clear your doubt.