Are there any treatments for sexual anhedonia?

I am a 5'10" 175 pound male with sexual anhedonia. Are there any treatments or cures for this?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 16 minutes later

Sexual Anhedonia is a rare condition characterized by inability to attain excitement from ejaculation or orgasm. It can be due to physiological or psychological factors as low levels of hormone testosterone, any illness, prolactin levels, depression etc. If a cause is ascertained it has treatment. The earlier you trip a visit to Psychiatrist the easier it is treated. It is rarer to have these issues at this age.

Consider getting a Complete hormonal work up done so that if any derangement present can be treated accordingly.

Some drugs such as Dopamine, Oxytocin do help in certain extent but a combination of psychological treatment along with medications can help in overall symptoms.

Kindly visit a Psychiatrist for thorough evaluation so that if required appropriate treatment can be started by use of prescription medications.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: Are there any treatments for sexual anhedonia? 58 minutes later
Thank you for your response. I did a complete hormonal work up at the doctor and it all came out fine. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist this Wednesday. Any questions I should ask at my appointment?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 30 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up

If the hormonal levels were fine then definitely you should see a Psychiatrist.He would be better to analyze you as he would see you in person and can come to a conclusion after examining you.

Probably psychological treatment can help you in overcoming this issue.

I do not feel that you need to ask more questions as he would be asking you the history in detail which is very helpful in such cases.

Wishing you Good Health!