Are there any treatments for male infertility caused from spermatocele cyst removals?

My husband is 27 and had a spermatocele cyst surgically removed around 5 years ago. We have been married for 3 years with 3 years of unsuccessful pregnancy. I am 27 myself and I actually have a 6 year old son from a prior marriage as well as had my fertility checked from top to bottom and was cleared positively to have children. I also had my egg morphology checked and a diagnostic, robotic surgery to check for further infertility issues with me and I am in the clear to have children. I have always thought it was my husband but he hasn't been checked beyond his post op for any infertility issues and from what I've read about his surgery there seems to be a great deal of infertility from them and thus we are proof. Three years and still not pregnant!! Are there any treatments out there for male infertility caused from spermatocele cyst removals and if not what are our options if any? What should we do from here?
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
After a spermatocele cyst removal, a semen examination needs to be done to detect any abnormal sperms or the sperm count.
Taking a Zinc, selenium, l-carnitine, vitamins C and E supplementation once daily for few months will help the sperm health.
The treatment depends on the assisted reproductive techniques will help you.
You need to consult an infertility specialist for further guidance.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Are there any treatments for male infertility caused from spermatocele cyst removals? 34 minutes later
We already bought and used Fertile aid which states all the vitamins and supplements you suggested for over 6 months and still no luck! We are seeing a specialist in two weeks but I just want to know before we go that there are options out there since he had his surgery done to correct everything and help us aid in the conception of a child! If there is not is IVF available and if so we already have the money set aside, prepared and willing to do so but that was out lady option of course but do you know if there are other options for him if we have already tried everything else mentioned before we go through with IVF?
For a low quality sperms, ICSI and IVF both are helpful.
Please do not worry. In some cases only IUI with concentrated sperm sample is helpful. You do have options.
Best of luck.