Are there any specific tets that can be performed to check how healthy is my digestive system ?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I often get digestive problems , mostly when i eat out is my digestive system incapable of handling this Are there any specific tets that can be performed to check how healthy is my digestive system ?
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: More information needed Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. I need some more information before I can assist you. 1. Can you elaborate on your symptoms? what exactly do you mean by digestive problems? 2. Any tests done so far? 3. Are you on any medications? 4. Any medical illness like diabetes? 5. Any habits like smoking/drinking? Kindly get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Are there any specific tets that can be performed to check how healthy is my digestive system ? 2 days later
temp replying ro ur questions in the order asked 1) by problems i mean stool is not continous and sometimes watery , this would be normally preceeded by troubled sounds in stomach 2) no tests done so far 3)no I am not on any medication 4)sugar level is normal I do yearly body check up 5)I don't smoke but occasional alcohol usage once a month

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 48 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for providing the information I asked for. The intermittent loose stools you have has to be evaluated. The tests that need to be done are - 1. A complete blood count 2. Stool analysis 3. Tests for celiac disease 4. Thyroid function test 5. An upper GI endoscopy with duodenal biopsy 6. A colonoscopy Some of the possible causes are irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease and other malabsorption syndromes. The above mentioned tests may be done to find the cause. You can approach a gastroenterologist in your area for the above tests. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Hi doctor, thanks for he clarity i have to mention i have hypothyroidism my tsh is 7 , could you suggest any gastroenterologist around indiranagar ? XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, I presume you are from Bangalore. You can consult Dr XXXXXXX Kini at Manipal Hospital. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini