Are there any side effects of Krimson and Metformin?

Infertility Specialist
I am suffering from pcod....I have not got the periods from last 45 days. Usually i do not get periods without medicine , before marriage i was on krimson 35 for 2 years approx and after that on metformin and other medicines. I had stopped taking medicines from last 3 months and started homeopathy traetment but since i have started homopathy i have not got periods. So it seems that it is not working. Pregnancy test is negtv. Dr prescribed me prevent n tablet for 5 days to bring periods. I want to confirm that is there ny side effect of this tablet if i am trying to conceive. May be if i had conceived will this tablet be harmful
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Don't take prevent n if you are likely pregnant. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Prevent N is category X drug, means it should not be used during pregnancy unless absolutely necessary. If you think you might be pregnant, you can do one blood beta hCG test to rule out/confirm pregnancy & then take the medicine if negative. It doesn't have long term effect & won't prevent conception in future, so no need to worry for that. For PCOD, better option for conception is to go for ovulation induction with medicines in consultation with your gynecologist. To assist you in deciding treatment for conception, kindly provide following details. 1. Husband's semen analysis report if already done. If not done, kindly get it done. 2. Whether your tubes have been checked by any test like hysterosalpingography/sonosalpingography/laparoscopy. If yes, what was the result. 3. Wife's height & weight. Awaiting reply. Regards.