Are there any side effects of Hifenac,pantodac,cap LeinzER and cap Gabaneuron taken for cervical spondylosis?

Nov 2013

Question husband is diagnosed with cervical spondylosis and is being prescribed Hifenac P twice after food,pantodac 40mg twice b4 food,cap LeinzER once and cap Gabaneuron 100mg once daily and to increase the doses after every 2-3 days and continue.Do any of these drugs have side effects on kidneys or any where in the system.He also has past history of migraine which reappears if some medication is continued for 8-10 days.Please advise as I am quite scared of starting any new medication without knowing its sideeffects.
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi Mrs XXXXXXX Agrawal, Thank you for posting your query regarding your husband. I have noted the list of medicines prescribed for your husband's cervical spondylosis. These are all safe medications and have no adverse effects on kidney or elsewhere in the body. However, I doubt whether he needs all these medications. Hifenac P is a pain-killer and can be taken, as and when is severe. Pantodac is for acidity and can be taken once in the morning, instead of two times. Gabaneuron is a good medicine and can be continued as advised. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: