Are there any problems in getting pregnant at thirty nine years of age?

Pediatrician
Question
doctor i am using Perindopril 5mg /amlodipine 5mg - coverarm for treatment of B.P. i am looking for a baby. But in coveram leaflet it is shown that it cannot be used in pregnencay and in breast feeding. Is it mean for ladies who are pregnent or is it effect my sperm and the upcoming baby if my wife conceive. myself Male age 40
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Follow-up: Are there any problems in getting pregnant at thirty nine years of age? 4 minutes later
My wife is aroung 39 Years, we have one boy child age 8 myself male age 40 Is there any complications in her getting pregnent at this age... If there is complications to the baby what are they and what are the chances for that.
Follow-up: Are there any problems in getting pregnant at thirty nine years of age? 5 minutes later
Doctor my mother is having Rheumatoid arthritis she is having great pain in the legs and back and having difficulty to move can you please tell me is there any treatment available with out any surgery to legs.... she is taking calcium and multivitamin tablets and menopro powder regularly as per advise from doctor.

what are the safe treatments without surgery for her. and for the treatments which specialist doctor she should visit.

Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 8 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

Relax, let me tackle one query at a time.

Is it mean for ladies who are pregnant or is it effect my sperm and the upcoming baby if my wife conceive
=== Yes, the sentence not to be used during pregnancy and lactation is meant for only ladies.

If there is complications to the baby if mother age 39?
---No complications per se, but the risk of chromosomal anomalies like Down Syndrome are high with high maternal age. To be sure, you may get some triple screening tests done to confirm any such anomaly.

-
For your mother:
Rheumatoid arthritis is best managed by Rheumatologist. surgery may be a therapy in only select cases when hands are deformed. Medicines are available in various groups and various dosages for long term control. Newer methods that give good joint mobility may be tried by your doc. Please discuss with your doctor regarding use of Infliximab and etanercept. They are very costly.

Please get back to me if any further queries.