Are there any pills I can take to increase sex drive and libido?

I have never enjoyed sex (I am 44) and I can see that this will now ruin my marriage. Are there any pills I can take? I need help badly. I think it has to do with my upbringing believing that sex is bad.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Having a very low sex drive and libido is a common occurrence in case of women. It can be due to the psychological make up of a female or may have some organic causes behind it like-
1. Anaemia- common in women because of iron loss during periods.
2. Alcoholism.
3. Drug abuse.
4. Major diseases such as diabetes.
5. Post-baby 'coolness'- post partum loss of libido.
6. Prescribed drugs, particularly anti depressants and tranquillisers.
7. Hyperprolactinaemia - a rare disorder in which the pituitary gland is overactive.
8. Other hormone abnormalities- decreased LH and androgenic hormones in the body.
You need to rule out all the organic causes behind the loss of libido with the help of your gynecologist.
If no organic causes are found then psychological causes like -depression, stress and overwork, anxiety, hang-ups from childhood, serious relationship problems with your partner, difficult living conditions, eg sharing a home with parents or parents-in-law, etc need to be ruled out.
A psychotherapist can help you in this regard.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.