Are there any lactose free formulas available in India?
User rating for this question
are there any lactose free formulas available in india? not soya, rice or almond.
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: no.. as per your specifications. Detailed Answer: There cannot be animal milk without lactose.. so only milk free formulas may be lactose free. So they need a basw either of soya or rice or litchie or almod or ragi to make formula and may have added milk proteins to balance it. please get back if you need further detaila.
Follow-up: Are there any lactose free formulas available in India? 2 hours later
Then what is simyl MCT ? It says lactose n sucrose free..... Main ingredient is protein, should I try this? Is it safe for long term use?
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 11 hours later
Brief Answer: No, formula needs differ depending on age, weight, allergy Detailed Answer: The need for a lactose free formula is decided by doctor on grounds of probable chance of lactase deficiency or lactose intolerance. It should not be tried for routine use without a detailed examination of the case and accordingly suggestions from the specialist. MCT means medium chain fats that are easy to digest and good to gain weight... so are additional supplement for weight gain in adults in protein powder form and in children in oil and powder form. Similac may be such a brand available. However, these powders are not for routine use of children as they can be harmful too. Visit a specialist. Discuss at depth the need for lactose free formula and then get suggested accordingly. Often children beyond 6 month age do not need formula and diet can be introduced soon.
People also viewed
- Is muscle cramps or pain a side effect of chlorothiazide?
- What are the sideffects of vizylac
- Is milk of magnesia lactose free
- Is fruit-like breath odor a side effect of dexamethasone?
- Penis retraction in toddlers
- Is cold or flu-like symptoms a side effect of diovan hct?
- Is dryness and peeling of skin a side effect of differin?
- Nestle lactogen formula and lactose intolerance?
- Lactose-free contraceptive pill
- Toddler stomach rumbling
- Telekast l tablets review
- Toddler swallowed skoal
- Lactose free foods list
- Sugar in lactose free milk
- Is vivid dreams or nightmares a side effect of clonidine?