Are the results of a VDRL test definitive or not?

Hi doctor. Had a negative vdrl for marriage 3 years at the outside after
a sexual relation with a previous gilfriend of 2 years. No sex in between. Is the aforementioned test definitive? I'm good to go? I'm 37 5'11'' 152 lbs.
Only had 2 sex partners including my dear wife.
(Strict religious upbringing)
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
If you had a negative VDRL three years ago after leaving your girl friend and you did not have any other partners except for your wife then your VDRL status should be the same even now. Even if you repeat the test now it is likely to come negative.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.