Ask a Urologist   »  

Are the parameters of semen analysis report normal?

Urologist
Question
hi pls see attached my semen analysis report. pls advise if the parameters are normal
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Normal Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic! Yes, your semen analysis parameters are within normal limits. The sperm count, number of motile sperms, pH are all normal. However, there seems to be minor infection in urinary tract. Get a urine culture and sensitivity test done. So, that it can be appropriately treated with an antibiotic. It's a minor infection and no need to worry about it. Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.

Follow-up: Are the parameters of semen analysis report normal? 1 hour later
Hi doc, thanks for your reply. Is there anything to worry about infertility due to this infection. Is the infection due to urinary tract or can it be also due to other factors which can be worrying. Is it curable by an antibiotic course also if can u suggest the test that needs to be done so thhat I can do it and show u the report for medication. Thanks and awaiting for you reply.

Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 9 hours later
Brief Answer: No need to worry Detailed Answer: Hi, There is no need to worry about infertility due to this infection. Mostly, the infection is due to urinary tract and is common caused in many individuals. It is not a major problem and is common. Do not be scared about it. You may need a culture and sensitivity test with which specific antibiotics which are sensitive to the organism involved for causing infection can be identified and treated appropriately. Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs. Moreover, it would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination. Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.